Pages

Social2

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

GOALS FOR 2017

So I never ...EVER.....stick to resolutions, but I do try to set  goals for myself.  Usually I try to be realistic with them too.  For example.  I curse....Sometimes A LOT.  So last year I said I would curse less because let's be realistic...If I said I would stop cursing altogether I'm setting myself up for complete failure in the first 5 minutes.  Well....I totally crushed that goal...IMO because I definitely don't curse as much as I used too.  I think that's also in part to being a mom and hearing my son use several choice words that convinced me to try to tame my own potty mouth :) Hopefully I will continue to improve in that area in 2017!

2016 was also all over the place with ups and downs but it was the year that I will always remember when I decided to dive head first back into blogging but not as a mom blogger as I used to be.........but as a fashion/style blogger which has always been a passion of mine.  I really decided to go for it and also decided to start our YouTube and growing my social media.....and I haven't looked back. I actually decided in November 2015 to start YouTube but didnt purchase vlog cameras until March of 2016 then started the channel the following month.  So far it's grown little by little but most because of my schedule and not being very consistent with it.  For 2017, I really hope to push myself even further so that so that I can post consistently on both channels we have as well as growing my other social media platforms.  So much so that I may just be able to get myself into a position to leave my current full time job by 2018.  So here are a few of my 2017 goals.....


  • BUY OUR FIRST HOME.....self-explanatory but we've worked super hard to get both our credits in the right position to be able to buy a home and now that my husband has consistent work I hop 2017 will be the year we stop renting!
  • HAVE ANOTHER BABY.....this is technically self-explanatory ya'll and no I'm not crazy but I'm hoping we eventually add to our family. We have two amazing kids already plus I have wonderful step children but I would definitely like to have one more of my own.  Due to some health issues i wont get into here I haven't gotten pregnant again but now that I know the issue I'm hoping to overcome it in 2017 :)
  • TAKE 2 FAMILY TRIPS.....and this could even be a staycation. Last year we went to Puerto Rico which was an awesome vacation but expensive.  We want to take the kids there every summer to viist family but because we are going to try buying our home I don't think PR will be in the budget ....but staycations are always an option.  We are 3 hours from coastal GA and 5 hours from Florida so the beach will definitely be part of our 2017!
  • GET ORGANIZED....as far as getting my house decluttered and actually using my planner HA!
  • EAT HEALTHIER....also self explanatory.  I generally eat pretty healthy and love salads and healthy fruits and veggies so I really just need to cut back carbs a bit.  But Dang I love rice and bread.
  • INCREASE MY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY....Last year I killed myself in the gym before vacay but totally stopped going after.  In all honesty going to the gym every day really burned me out mostly because of my full time schedule at work then the kids school schedule.  So this year I'm going to try at least running or doing a routine at home and maybe hitting a cycle class or two every week because I loved my spin class but going to the gym daily with kids is very difficult.
  • WEEKLY DATE NIGHTS.....definitely need more one on one time with my hubby kid free.  I love our munchkins but we need that husband/wife time
  • TREAT MYSELF.....I started doing this a bit in 2016 and plan on continuing in 2017 ....because every woman needs to treat herself.  We work hard and deserve it.
  • BE A BETTER MOM.....I know I'm a great mom and like most moms I sometimes beat myself up over what I could do better but my oldest daughter is 9......and in 9 more years she will be 18.  I need to make those years count and be more present because I don't want her going off to college and I'm left with regrets.  I need to make weekly dates with my kids...without phones or social media....just me and them because I won't get these precious years back.


  • TAKE OUTFIT PHOTOS TWICE PER WEEK.....Right now I when I go to photo shoots I shoot about 3-4 outfits at a time but in all honesty that doesn't last me that long.  I need to shoot 5-6 outfits at a time so that I can post at least twice a week.
  • TEACH HUBBY TO USE MY DSLR.....This kind of goes with the previous goal.  Obviously I may not be able to shoot with my photographer as much or as often as I would like to so in between shoots I need to show my hubby how to use my Nikon so he can take my photos in between.
  • GROW MY INSTAGRAM TO 50K.....This year I hit over 13k and that was huge for me so I'm hoping to get to at least 50k by the end of 2017
  • GROW OUR YOUTUBE CHANNELS TO 10K EACH.....Obviously we all want to grow our social media platforms and youtube can be difficult but both of our channels are starting to grow slowly but surely and I have a feeling 2017 will be big for us in that area :)
  • LAND A SPONSORED TRAVEL POST.....I have done a fair share of sponsored fashion posts but yet to do any sponsored travel so I'm hoping to nail this goal in 2017.
  • BLOG/VLOG MORE CONSISTENTLY.....One of the biggest things I fail at is being consistent so for 2017 I'm going to try to post a blog/vlog 2-3x a week because one of the main way to grow your social media is by being consistent.
  • MEET NEW BLOG/VLOG FRIENDS.....Let's face it.  It's hard to make friends as an adult but lucky for our generation we now have social media and it's a great way to meet new friends that are interested in the same things you are so hopefully I will meet up with a few other fashion-obsessed ladies in our area this year.  We recently made friends with a vlogging family from our area and it was super fun so hopefully we will do a lot more of that this year too!

What are your goals for 2017?


No comments:

Post a Comment